9.09.2009

And We're Off

To say the least things have been SUUUPER busy!

Between weddings and beginning work the past month has just flown right by.

Coaching is going great. I really love my job. My players work their butts off and that's all I can ask. We are improving, slowly but surely, everyday and it is so rewarding to see their improvement. Coaching has also been extremely challenging, I am understanding that it is more about managing people than it is even about teaching skills. I have much to learn but am enjoying the growing process.

Having said that. . .. .

OUR FIRST MATCH IS TOMORROW!!!! YIKES, WOWZERS, and WAHOO!

As the coach I am excited but feeling a bevy of emotions. . . que the song . . . "sweeeettttt eeeeemmmooootiiooons". Ha, dont know why but that popped into my head.

And, after much diligence and hard work I have finalized our schedule! You can find it here:
http://www.mills.edu/campus_life/athletics_and_recreation/athletics/volleyball_schedule_results.php
Our biggest trip will be to SoCal next weekend. Almost like a little bit of a homecoming trip for me. . .staying in a hotel very close to the Ontario Mills Mall and looking forward to seeing many friends and family at the matches! And, any of you out of towners, please always know that you are MORE THAN WELCOME to attend a match! I would love to see you and have you on the MIlls College Campus. :)

Wish me luck tomorrow! I welcome any prayers or thoughts for tomorrow, especially regarding my patience and being consistent in my support and encouragement.

2 comments:

Katie said...

I know you are going to be super amazing and the Wright/Passwater family is EXCITED for the so cal matches and will be there to show support. GO COACH!!!

JaimeErin said...

Suz, you are amazing at everything you do. There is nothing to make me believe that this is any different. I know you are an amazing coach and the team must LOVE you!

Best of luck!